Neverware Named One of Crain’s 2018 100 Best Places to Work in New York City

For the 10th year, list ranks NYC’s best employers based on employee feedback

New York, NY, October 16, 2018 / — Neverware, developer of the CloudReady operating system, announced today it has been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in New York City by Crain’s New York Business.

For the last ten years, the Best Places to Work in New York City program has used employee feedback to identify and recognize the city’s best employers. Working with Best Companies Group, Crain’s surveyed more than 20,000 employees in total, who answered a confidential survey about their company’s culture, benefits, and office environment that accounted for 75% of the final score. Employers were also surveyed as part of the program, accounting for the other 25%.

In being named to the Crain’s list, Neverware joins an elite who’s who of the technology business world. Past honorees include Salesforce, Dropbox, Zillow, Datadog, Greenhouse Software, Stack Overflow, BetterCloud, and DigitalOcean.

Following Google’s 2017 investment in Neverware (when the tech giant led Neverware’s Series B round of funding), Neverware has grown its global business in the education and enterprise markets, all while making a focused effort to continue providing employees with a wide variety of benefits and perks and maintaining the company’s unique culture.

“One time I bought some rubber chickens and no one minded,” volunteered Steven 'Steve’ Kendall, one of Neverware’s software developers. (Those rubber chickens are now an indelible part of the company’s office decor and culture.)

For Maggie Chen, a business operations analyst, the company-supplied snacks are key. “Avocados, avocados, avocados!” she cheered.

“My story at Neverware is working with smart, savvy people on complex and interesting problems,” added Jesse Pierce, Neverware’s Director of Operations. “I feel grateful to walk through the doors every day and see a fridge full of cheese cubes to enjoy. I don't think it gets much better than that.”

“My co-workers are now my friends, whereas in previous workplaces, I always felt everyone was slightly distant, cliquey or non-inclusive, but everything here is inclusive, transparent and fun,” said Ben Aghion, head of education sales for Neverware. “Small company feel, huge company mission, and all of us rowing in the same direction—I couldn't ask for more!”

The Crain’s top 100 companies will be honored at a celebratory luncheon on November 30, and the final ranking of the top 100 will be announced in print and online on December 3.

About Neverware

Neverware is the New York-based developer of the CloudReady operating system, which enables schools and enterprise organizations to transform their existing hardware into simple, secure, and fast Chrome devices that can be managed seamlessly alongside Chromebooks. Since CloudReady’s launch in 2015, thousands of schools, businesses and consumers across the US and around the world have used CloudReady to modernize aging hardware, expand student device access, and simplify device management.

For more information, or for a free trial of CloudReady, visit www.neverware.com.

 

Media Contact:

Drew Darnbrough

+1 917-284-9874

[email protected]

 

Press Pack:

https://www.neverware.com/media/