Hey CloudReady Fans!
We're excited to bring v64.3 to all users today. This release is headed to all Home Edition users, across Stable and Dev/Beta Channels, this afternoon.
Release Notes for v64:
- OS Upgrade to 64
- Removal of dualboot install option: In keeping with our previously announced timeline for sunsetting dualboot in CloudReady, v64 will no longer offer the ability to install dualboot mode. Read more.
- Add support for PCI-connected eMMC storage: In v64, devices with eMMC internal storage that connects via PCI (rather than SATA) are able to install and boot CloudReady.
- Experimental Flatpak Support! : We're really excited to be bringing initial support for running Flatpak Linux Applications to the Home Edition of CloudReady! The performance is not optimized yet, and not every Flatpak is guaranteed to work - most haven't even been tested by our team. Still, we think this will bring a new layer of productivity options for those times when in-browser functionality isn't enough. Read more about Flatpaks and CloudReady here.
- Fix for graphics issues on NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GPUs: We found some Macbooks and iMacs with NVIDIA 8400M graphics were showing graphics and boot problems starting v63. This release should fix those troubles
Fixes new in v64.3
- Further fixes for graphics issues on older Intel GPUs: We had some issues with older "gen 3" Intel graphics on v63 and again in v64.1. We've further refined the fix to apply as broadly as possible in 64.3.
- Initial audio support for Flatpaks: Ah, the sound of progress.
- Sleep/resume & audio fixes for Asus T100TA: Though it isn't working perfectly (1/8th inch headphones still don't work) we've fixed some issues with this model.
- Hangouts / Meet Screensharing: A change in Google's new implementation of Hangouts and Meet video-conferencing has caused CloudReady to stop supporting screensharing. This issue is under investigation and we hope it will be resolved soon.
- Plenty of flatpak bugs: Flatpaks are still experimental - your mileage may vary. Check out more info on that now.
- Wallpaper rendering issues on some older GPUs: Some devices with GMA 950 and GMA 3150 graphics are no longer properly rendering the CloudReady wallpaper (and some other user-specified wallpapers). Issues of this kind are fixed once logged in as a user.
- General issues with dual/switchable GPUs: We've found that machines with dual GPUs (Intel and NVIDIA) fail to boot CloudReady. We are generally recommending that all users disable "Optimus" or "Switchable" graphics in their BIOS/UEFI settings.