Hey CloudReady Fans!
We're excited to bring v63.3 to all users today. That means a major new stable update to all Enterprise and Education customers, and some incremental improvements and bug fixes for those Home Edition users who have already been on v63.2
Release Notes for v63.3:
New in v63.3:
- 1/8th inch audio fixes: We've resolved a number of issues with aux audio jacks not working or requiring user-intervention to work that started in v61. Desktop models that match the following pattern may be affected: HP dc7XXX, Optiplex 7XX. These issues are resolved in v63.3.
- Fix for image rendering issues: We've resolved an issue reported across a number of Intel chipsets in v63.1 and v63.2 that caused some image types ("mipmaps") to appear transparent or corrupted when scaled by the browser.
- Fix for GSheets issues: We identified and fixed an issue on some early Intel chipsets that caused screen-blanking and other issues when trying to load and interact with Google Sheets.
- Fix for graphics issues on iMac 12,1
- Fix for enrollment failures on Lenovo ThinkCentre M710q, potentially others
Previously released v63 changes:
- OS Upgrade to 63
- New CloudReady Wallpaper: The CloudReady-themed default-wallpaper has been updated for your default-enjoyment.
- Plugin update notifications: CloudReady plugins update automatically, but need users to reboot after each update. We now push a notification when this happens so you'll know the reboot is needed.
- HP Stream 14 touchpad improvement: This machine's touchpad was a little sluggish in v61, but works better in v63.
- Optiplex 7020 sleep/resume fix: We found that v61 caused some Dell Optiplex 7020s to stop sleeping - they will work as expected in v63.
If you're using CloudReady at school or work, there are some changes specific to you:
- Fix for incorrect licensing errors: We've resolved an issue where a handled licensing outcome (e.g. when no licenses are available, or when servers can't be contacted) can wrongly show an "Internal Error".
If you're using the Home Edition, the following changes apply to your update:
- Command line security changes: The "chronos" user on the command line now has no password by default. This change helps remove any illusion of security (if everyone has the public default password, there's no protection) and encourages anyone who is concerned with security to set a password themselves.
- Experimental Docker Support in 64bit builds! : We want to see CloudReady do more. We're including Docker in 64bit Home Edition CloudReady builds to encourage ourselves and all of you to try new things.
- Wallpaper rendering issues on some older GPUs: Some devices with GMA 950 and GMA 3150 graphics are no longer properly rendering the CloudReady wallpaper (and some other user-specified wallpapers). Issues of this kind are fixed once logged in as a user, but if you're using a device of this kind you may see a black background instead of the CloudReady wallpaper, or your own image.
- General issues with dual/switchable GPUs: We've found that machines with dual GPUs (Intel and NVIDIA) fail to boot CloudReady. We are generally recommending that all users disable "Optimus" or "Switchable" graphics in their BIOS/UEFI settings.
- Graphics on 32bit builds: We've seen a growing set of modern Intel graphics (like Braswell and Kaby Lake) that work well in 64bit CloudReady, but have issues on 32bit builds.
To avoid issues of this kind and get the best possible CloudReady experience, only install 32bit CloudReady on devices that are marked as "32-bit Only" on our certified models list.