Hey CloudReady Fans!
We're releasing our v67.1 to the Dev Channels of the Home, Education, and Enterprise Editions today.
If you're interested, subscribe to the Dev channel to get an over-the-air update now
Release Notes for v67.1:
- OS Upgrade to 67
- Fix for wallpaper rendering at login screen on older Intel devices: We've had a long-standing issue where older Intel devices show a black wallpaper instead of the system or users's image. This is fixed in v67.
- Initial support for tablet mode on some convertibles: We're experimenting with support for Chromium OS's tablet mode (triggered automatically by screen rotation) on a limited set of devices, including the HP Spectre x360 13 (our Neverware in-house reference device).
- Fix for Macbook 3,1 and 4,1 touchpads: These two white Macbooks both have touchpad issues we've resolved in this update.
Home Edition-only changes:
- Experimental support for Google's Crostini: On v67 you'll be able to experiment with Google's support for running Linux apps from a container insider a secure VM. Read more.
- General issues with dual/switchable GPUs: We've found that machines with dual GPUs (Intel and NVIDIA) fail to boot CloudReady. We are generally recommending that all users disable "Optimus" or "Switchable" graphics in their BIOS/UEFI settings.
Unstable releases often have unforeseen bugs. We rely upon Dev Channel users to report those to us in our forums, so if you're ok with a little instability, please jump to this new release and let us know what you think!