Hey CloudReady Fans!
The Neverware team is very excited to promote our latest release v51.1. This update will start going out to free users today (both OtA updates and new downloads), and Paid users will follow soon.
As always, if you're running from a USB-stick then you'll need to remake your stick, since updates do not work on removable media.
If you tried out the Early Access v51.1 release, you will need to do a reinstall in order to get back on the stable version with OtA updates.
The highlights of this release:
- Increased device support - upgrade to Linux Kernel 4.4 (here’s an article describing the changes) - some notable callouts our users might be interested in are
- Improvements for Intel Skylake & Braswell graphics hardware
- New rtl8xxxu driver - alternate driver for Realtek WiFi USB Devices like RTL8723AU, RTL8188CU, RTL8188RU, RTL8191CU, and RTL8192CU
- Numerous AMD GPU updates
- Upgrade of various firmware: NVIDIA, Broadcom, Radeon and others
- New supported model - HP Stream 11 Pro joins the ranks of CloudReady certified hardware!
- OS Upgrade to v51
Thanks so much for being a proud CloudReady user!