Hey CloudReady fans!
We're launching the next version of CloudReady today: v50.1. This update will start going out to free users today (both OtA updates and new downloads), and Paid users will follow soon.
As always, if you're running from a USB-stick then you'll need to remake your stick, since updates do not work on removable media.
Here are the noteworthy changes:
• Sleep / Resume idle behavior fix: we resolved the issue where machines would not go to sleep. A small subset of machines will only turn off the monitor when idle due to a graphics bug found during testing (impacted machines are: HP Compaq dc7800p Small Form Factor, Dell OptiPlex 740, 790, 990, 3010, 3020, 3020M, 7010, 7020, 9010, 390).
• Adobe Flash fix: improved error messaging if the installation fails
• Dualboot Selection Menu UI Improvement: a better user interface for Dualboot! We’re continuing to iterate and provide a nicer experience for those choosing the Dualboot option.
• Ability to connect to VPNs
• Fix for 2 finger & 3 finger tap responses (previously reversed)
• Security fix to disable SSH: we take security issues seriously, special thanks to those who reported and escalated this issue.
• OS Upgrade to v50
We continue to focus on delivering you quality releases while moving quickly to stay within 1 version of the latest stable offering. Stay tuned for v51 and the kernel upgrade yet to come!