Hey CloudReady fans!
Early this week we pushed v48.1 for updates to our free users - this afternoon we're excited to bring it to our paid users as well!
Your machines will update automatically, but please contact support if you need an updated image for making installers.
Here are the noteworthy changes:
- Domain/Management Reporting: We're adding helpful tracking for whether a machine is under management and by who to aid our staff in helping users when they contact support.
- Better Dualboot Install feedback : Dualboot is complex, and the feedback users deserve about what or how their install attempt is failing is a long term project for us. This release continues to chip away at that to make it fail more clearly.
- Microphone Improvements: The Dell Optiplex 755 (and presumably a handful of similar machines) now have working auxiliary microphone inputs.
- Realtek and Ralink Wifi Improvements: We found some consistently poor performance from Realtek Wifi which led us to upgrade the driver in place for a wide swath of Realtek hardware. We still have some concerns about performance here, so please speak up if your machine malfunctions!
- OS Upgrade to v48: This update brings another group of changes from the core Chromium team - the version 48 updates include some performance enhancements, notification changes, and a whole lot of more technical stuff. You can read more in depth here.
We're moving directly on to v49 for our next release where we hope there'll be some long awaiting graphics changes.