Just a few days ago we released the CloudReady v45 update to our free, individual users. Today I'm excited to announce that we're also updating to v45 for our paid customers!
Your update will automatically download over-the-air (an may have already taken place!) as long as you don't have it turned off in the management console. Contact support if you need a download link for making fresh installers.
Read below to see a breakdown of the changes.
Major Release Notes:
Here is a short list of noteworthy changes in this release. Plenty of other small changes have taken place, but none should be of significance if not listed here:
- Update to Chromium v45: We've updated CloudReady from Chromium v44 to v45. This change includes all of Google's changes, of which there are many. Chromecast support is more prominent and streamlines in the system tray, and the OoBE is has an updated look and feel.
- Flash Updating: In the "Settings" menu of CloudReady, you will now find a button that fetches and installs the latest version of Flash. In the future, we'll build on this with an automated update procedure.
- Microsoft Office File Format Recognition: In v45 of CloudReady, MSOffice Documents you find on the web or open from your Files app will automatically be opened in Google Doc format, as they are on Chromebooks - all you need to do is install this extension in the Google MGMT console.
- Some Terminal Compatibility: Some sleep/resume issues on ThinkPads were isolated and destroyed.
- New Supported Models: Though we add more regularly, three models are newly certified starting with v45 - Thinkpads SL410 and SL510, along with the HP Probook 430 G1. Check em all out!
Check out our non-Product blog in the coming days for some exciting coverage of Neverware's Holiday festivities, including our 2nd Annual Iron Chef Apps vs. Zerts competition!